AA Car Battery Solar Charger
£34.99 Ideal for touring
In stock, next working day
Includes free standard P&P*
More images Click to enlarge
The AA Solar Panel Car & Caravan Battery Charger plugs directly into the EOBD plug socket inside your vehcile (standard on most cars, petrol from 2001 and diesel from 2004). The solar charger will trickle charge and maintain a 12V vehicle battery while the vehicle is parked by converting light energy during daylight hours into 12 volts DC. The unit is maintainence free and will protect the battery against the discharge process that occurs naturally within a lead acid battery.
Did you know that batteries need to be maintained above 12.4V to ensure sulphation does not occur? The number one cause of battery failure according to the AA Patrols team. The AA Solar Panel Car & Caravan Battery Charger is ideal for vehicles that have occasional use, or are used for short journeys. It extends battery life by keeping the battery in a good state of charge.
The AA Solar Charger is easy to install and is fitted with a flashing blue LED light to indicate charge. There is built in discharge protection as well as reverse polarity protection and the Solar Charger will not overcharge your battery.The 'THINFILM' technology allows a wider spectrum of natural light to be absorbed, meaning the unit can still generate electricity under cloudy winter conditions. This technology also enables the solar panel to handle the intense heat of the summer sun with little power loss due to the rising temperature.
Direct battery clamp style connector clips with a generous 2.8m connector lead are also included as well as four suction cups to allow easy installation in most vehicles. A 7 page user guide and quick start guide are included to give the user easy to follow step-by-step instructions.
Four reasons to own an AA Solar Panel Car & Caravan Battery Charger:
- Batteries Naturally Discharge - Automotive batteries naturally discharge when not in use.
- Modern vehicles have a small but constant battery drain - Modern vehicles can now have upwards of 30 body control modules (computers), plus alarm systems, immobilisers and lock monitoring. These units all consume valuable electricity from the battery (up to 0.02 of an amp per hour). This means that over the course of a week or two with no or little vehicle use the battery can become discharged.
- Battery life is shortened if it is not kept charged - A 12V battery that is not correctly maintained above 12.4V can suffer from sulphation. Sulphation is the number one cause of battery failure, somthing not covered under warranty as it is not a manufacturing defect.
- Peace of mind - Vehicles that are used infrequently or do short trips are prime candidates for discharged batteries.
Peak Power Output: 2.4 watt, Peak Volts Output: 12.7 volts, Optimum Working Current: 0.13-0.2 amps.
Customers who bought this also bought...
£5.99 (£7.00 RRP)
£5.99 (£7.99 RRP)
More in AA Shop » Car Accessories » Other Essentials
- Car Accessories » Breakdown and Emergency
- Winter » Winter Essentials
- European Driving » European Travel Essentials
- Car Accessories » Other Essentials
- Car Accessories » Technology on the Move
- Car Accessories » Travel Essentials
- European Driving » VIEW ALL: European Driving
- Winter » VIEW ALL: Winter Essentials
- Car Accessories » VIEW ALL: Car Accessories